Hobo Conductivity Data Logger for Saltwater, U24-002
High-accuracy, cost-effective water quality data logger measures actual conductivity and temperature plus provides specific conductance at 25°C (77°F) and salinity with the HOBOware® Conductivity Assistant (included in the HOBOware Pro Software). Easily deployable, this rugged logger is ideal for environments with relatively small changes in salinity (±5,000 uS/cm), such as saltwater bays, or to detect salinity events, such as upwelling, rainstorm, and discharge events. An optional protective housing is available to help better protect the logger, reduce fouling, and simplify mounting in harsh environments. Easy to maintain, features include a non-contact sensor to minimize drift-related measurement errors, open access to the sensor for cleaning, and the HOBOware Pro software enables start/end-point calibration to compensate for any fouling and provides easy conversion to specific conductance and salinity using the Practical Salinity Scale 1978 (PSS-78). USB optical interface provides high-speed, reliable data offload in wet environments. Compatible with the HOBO Waterproof Shuttle for easy and reliable data retrieval and transport.
• Memory: 18,500 temperature and conductivity measurements when using one conductivity range; 14,400 sets of measurements when using both conductivity ranges (64kbytes).
• Sample rate: 1 second to 18 hrs, fixed or multiple-rate sampling with up to 8 user-defined sampling intervals.
• Battery life: 3 years (@ 1 min logging).
• Maximum Depth: 70 m (225').
• Operating Range: -2 to 36°C (28° to 97°F) - non freezing.
• Weight: 6.82 oz.; buoyancy in freshwater: -2.11 oz.
• Size: 1.25" diameter x 6.5", 1/4" hole.
• Conductivity Range (Calibrated Range): High Range, 5,000 to 55,000 uS/cm; Low Range, 100 to 10,000 uS/cm
• Temperature Range: 28°F to 97°F (-2°C to 36°C).
• Conductance Accuracy (Calibrated Range): 3 Low Range, 3% of reading or 50 uS/cm, whichever is greater. High Range, up to 5% of reading, in waters within a range of ±3,000 uS/cm of the calibration point (waters with greater variation can have substantially greater error).
• Temperature Accuracy: 0.2°F (0.1°C).
• Conductivity Resolution: 2 uS/cm.
• Temperature Resolution: 0.02°F (0.01°C).
• Drift: Conductivity, up to 12% sensor drift per month, exclusive of drift from fouling.
• Response time: 1 second to 90% of change.
Note: HOBO data loggers require either the HOBO Waterproof Shuttle or Universal Optic USB Base Station and a USB Cable. (Note: A USB cable is included w/ HOBOware Pro CD or USB software purchase). HOBOware Pro is required when using the U-DTW-1 HOBO Waterproof shuttle.